Sunday, May 2, 2010

How To Become A Non Light Sleeper

Dandelions & friends ... Herpes


Actually, I've Already three friends and one of Them is not really Canadian. The first one is a Jamaican, Mexican and the second one in the third and last one is an Indian. The funniest thing for me Is that it's not the beginning of a joke, But my life ... Ok, my life Sometimes looks like a joke, but most of the time it ends like a comedy of manners.


To say the truth, I don’t know who could be really eligible to be considered a Canadian given that, most of the people here derives from other Countries all over the world.

By the way, this morning I went to my son’s school for a tea/coffee party and before getting there I was really excited because I didn’t know what to expect. In Italy I was never invited for a tea/coffee party in any school. At least they could politely (but not so much) INVITE me to pay the following monthly fee, my son’s personal cleansing stuff or even the last Smart which the kindergarten’s owner desired so much!

However, here in Toronto (Vaughan to be precise) everything looks so different and even those things which in old days made me ironically laugh sound in a different way. As I was saying, I went to Lorenzo’s school riding my bike with that nonchalance which is ours only when one’s is on vacation. I mean, while living in Palermo I wouldn’t have never worn a helmet to ride my bike even if, probably, it could have been safest than among the quite streets around my house here. But it’s too cool to send your relatives and friends some pictures where you can show how integrated you are!

To create a perfect image of our wonderful integration, maybe, we should buy one of those basket hoops which decorate the driveways of many houses. No doubt, I wrote “decorate” not for a lack of vocabulary, but because, since I’m here I’ve never seen human being play basketball. So I interpret that it’s a kind of decoration, mandatory in those houses populated by at least a teen ager.

Now that is Spring Time you can choose among a basket of tulips, a basket hoop to play virtually basketball, a big stone (which reminds the Flintstones’ style) situated close the main door of your house, a stone happy girl statue who holds two stone baskets full of nothing (I know that I could write “empty” but “full of nothing” gives more the idea of usefulness), two roaring lions and that’s it. That means that you’ve been living in this Country at least for five years.

This is the reason why if you decide to pass close to my house, you will see just a carpet of grass with not even the shadow of some flower (dandelions included!), trees, pots or whatever else but a happy girl. Yes, that’s for sure! You will see a happy mom, with two happy kids, a Sopranos style husband with his inseparable hat (no matter the weather!) and, definitively a happy just landed family able to be enthusiastic even without a job!


0 comments:

Post a Comment